Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Wet 'n' Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks (Give Me Mocha, Berry Recognize, Video Vixen)

Wet 'n' Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks (Give Me Mocha, Berry Recognize, Video Vixen)

Love it or hate it, the liquid lipstick trend isn't going away. In fact, several brands have started to release their own versions: Urban Decay, Morphe, Makeup Geek, and Burberry. I did not want to splurge on any of the above, but when I found out that Wet 'n' Wild was releasing their own set of liquid lipsticks with gorgeous shades (and a reasonable price), my interest piqued.


The Wet 'n' Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks released for Spring 2017, but were spotted in a few drugstores last month. I was lucky to be able to get them at Rite-Aid before New Years. They come in 13 different shades. I will be honest, at $5, I thought they were pretty steep compared to their other lip products which top at no more than $3. This better be amazing, I thought. This better beat NYX Soft Matte or ColourPop Ultra Matte. I purchased 3 shades: Give Me Mocha, Berry Recognize, and Video Vixen.

Wet 'n' Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks (Give Me Mocha, Berry Recognize, Video Vixen)

Give Me Mocha
I am always struggling to find a dirty-rose pink that doesn't exactly match my natural lip shade and blend in. A lot of those type of shades are more made for those with fair skin. So I wanted to try the shade Give Me Mocha, but I had my suspicions. Well, I am happy to say that this is gorgeous on my skin tone. In the photo below, it looks more coral, but that was because of the cloudy light. When it's sunnier, it appears darker rose. I love it either way, and it's great for everyday wear. I wore this for my job interview, so this is definitely an office friendly shade.

Wet 'n' Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks, Wet 'n' Wild, wet n wild liquid catsuit, wet n wild give me mocha

Berry Recognize
This is a very warm, pinkish-berry that you could wear all year round, especially for spring and fall. I love the longevity of this. I wore this when Cecilio and I went to old Sacramento to watch the fireworks show, and I was getting hungry, so we stopped and ordered some Thailand-flavored fries at a Spud eatery. Well it had oil, cheese, herbs, and Thai chili sauce, and I was devouring it. We ate more when we got back home, and I was so surprised to see how it was still intact and didn't make a move!

Wet 'n' Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks, Wet 'n' Wild, wet n wild liquid catsuit, wet n wild berry recognize

Video Vixen
If you are looking for a cheaper, more accessible dupe of the Kylie "Leo" Lip Kit, then you have to get Video Vixen. Beware though: This is a tricky shade to pull off. It's a bit thick and patchy, and you HAVE to wear this with lip liner or else it bleeds easily. I get away with wearing a lot of liquid lipsticks without lipliner, but not this one. It's a bit high maintenance too. But once you perfect applying it, you will slay in this deep burgundy.

Wet 'n' Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks, Wet 'n' Wild, wet n wild liquid catsuit, wet n wild video vixen

Wet 'n' Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks, Wet 'n' Wild, wet n wild liquid catsuit, wet n wild video vixen, Kylie Cosmetics Leo Lip Kit, Leo Lip Kit
Video Vixen is faster drying than Leo.

The main thing I don't like about these is that it emphasizes the lines on your lips. But as far as longevity? They endure through meals and still stay put. The pigmentation is amazing, and they are creamier and more comfortable to wear than other liquid lipsticks. I would almost rank them in the same leagues as the high end liquid lipsticks, and I've tried a bunch: Stila, ABH, Kat von D, Too Faced, MAC, Tarte, etc. and yes, I think I like these (formula-wise) better than NYX or ColourPop! Maybe I will buy a few more shades. Or hope that they release more in the future.

For $5, these are a steal and great quality. I highly recommend. 

Do you have any Wet 'n' Wild products?
Have you gotten your hands on the Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar