Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

October Favourites

Hi everyone,
I started off thinking that I didn't have a lot of makeup favourites from the month of October, but it turns out that I actually do, so I'm going to get right to it.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

There'll be a full review of this coming on later this week where I'll talk about it in more detail, so for now I'll just say that I really like it (obviously Ciara, it's in your favourites post). Rimmel foundations are really good.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze'


This eyeshadow is a longtime favourite of mine; I think that it might have been in last years October Favourites too. October was a really busy month for me, there were a lot of days when I was literally running out the door and this eyeshadow was perfect for when I had to do my makeup in a hurry. It's a really nice neutral colour and really easy to apply (two swipes and you're done) and I wore it for almost the whole month.

Natural Collection Blush in 'Sugar Plum Fairy'


I've spoken about my love for the Natural Collection's blushers and bronzers before; I just think they're so wonderful, especially for the price, and Sugar Plum Fairy is my latest discovery. As the name would suggest, it's much darker than some of the other colours, and is just the perfect colour for autumn (or winter, as I suppose it is now) in my opinion.

Elizabeth Eyeliner in 'Espresso'


What is it about autumn/winter that makes me want to reach for the eyeliner? I've talked about the Elizabeth Arden black eyeliner before and even reviewed it. During the month I picked this one up, (I think by accident when I was looking for the other one) and can happily report that it's just as good; really pigmented, really good quality, very easy to apply (which is great for me because pencil eyeliner is still not my forte).

Sephora Lip Last Colour in 'Wanted Red'



I hate to be that person that's constantly plugging their reviews but I did also do one of this a few weeks ago. And I'll admit, although I liked the lipstick overall, I had some criticisms. After I wrote my review however, I tried it with a brown lipliner underneath (it was the only one I had). Not only did it hold the lipstick in place and make it much easier to apply, it also makes it a much darker red, and it quickly became one of my most worn lip combinations of the month. The other two being...

L'Oréal Colour Riche Pure Red Lipsticks in 'Julianne's Red' and 'Eva's Red'



I really like these two lipsticks. They're both amazing colours (Julianne's is a very bright pink red, Eva's is more brown) and are very pigmented and comfortable to wear. I also have Liya's Red from the collection but I haven't worn that one very much yet, but don't be surprised if you see it in an upcoming favourites post.

Penneys Jumpers
I showed these two in a haul a few months ago, so if you want to see pictures of me wearing them, head over there. I've dubbed them my super cosy jumpers because they're just so comfortable. Like I said October was a very busy month for me and there were a lot of days that I was tired and just wanted to be comfortable and casual and these were great for that. I don't know if you can get these exact jumpers in Penneys/Primark anymore (probably not, I got them in a sale) but they do definitely still have similar things.

How to Get Away With Murder


I actually thought that for once I didn't have a television favourite for this month and then I remembered this. For those of you who don't know, How to Get Away With Murder is a series that's just come out made by the people that make Scandal (a show that I have never seen). It's about a lawyer called Annalise Keating (played by the amazing Viola Davis) and a group of her law students. It's quite difficult to say much else without spoiling it, so just go and watch it for yourselves okay? :) There's a procedural/courtroom element to it, there's mystery, all the characters are really interesting; in a nutshell it touches a lot of bases and I'd highly recommend it. My only regret is that I started watching it now and not when the season had ended, because having to wait on new episodes every week is killing me.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar